Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Blast From The Past.

I will add a an actual post after this, but I dug up this story from a facebook note, before I started this blog, and couldn't help but post it.

This took place my first semester of college.

8 AM Classes are fun!!!

So here's how my day goes today:

6:30AM: Wake up, realize that no matter how fast I move, there is no way I can get dressed, shower and beat the traffic to get a parking spot.

7:00AM: Throw on some clean clothes and a hat so that people can't tell I didn't wash my hair... run to the car.

7:10AM: Sit in traffic.

7:30AM: Sit in traffic. Adjust the radio station, sit in traffic

7:45AM: Finally find a spot at the O'Keefe Center on the other side of the world. See a bus, approach it, and have the driver close the door in my face. Thanks.

7:45-8:15AM: RUN to the upper-south campus, which is nowhere near the main campus OR the O'Keefe Building, but rather about 5 or 6 miles away in some residential neighborhood in the woods. (wtf??)

8:15AM: Arrive at Upper South Campus, only to approach the "Commuter Appreciation" booth and find that they are taking away the free coffee. Damn you, resident students, damn you.

8:20AM: ARRIVE at class 20min. late.By this time one would expect the class to be present or that I would be interrupting something. NOPE! The teacher has apparently let the class go 45 MINUTES EARLY and left the syllabus on a desk at the door.
NEXT: Take the syllabus, get on the bus, buy some books, and flip off the residents one more time as I head back home.I may just find an unsuspecting resident and knock them out for their parking sticker.


Happy Commuter Appreciation Day!

1 comment:

Thera said...

I WAS ACTUALLY OFFERED THE FREE COFFEE THIS YEAR!!