Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tendonitis..... and L5Y!

So I am currently typing on a computer with an arm splint on my right wrist. Fun!! I have tendonitis from A.) Playing the piano and B.) typing on the computer.

Now normally, I would refrain from both. HOWEVER... I am a piano major in college, and I work on a computer 8 hours a day at work. So basically I'm screwed, because I can't exactly give up either one to let my wrists heal.

Sounds fun huh?

So now for some exciting news. Everyone should come see "The Last Five Years" by Jason Robert Brown on June 28th. I am accompanying the beautiful Lauren Elena Drapek and Tim O'Donnell in this beautifully written musical. Here's the synopsis:

"An emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years. The show's unconventional structure consists of Cathy, the woman, telling her story backwards while Jamie, the man, tells his story chronologically; the two characters only meet once, at their wedding in the middle of the show. JRB won Drama Desk Awards for the music and the lyrics after the Off-Broadway premiere in 2002 starring Norbert Leo Butz and Sherie Rene Scott. The show has since been produced at almost every major regional theater in the US, and has been seen in Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Germany, Italy, Canada, and Spain."


So basically, if my wrist ever heals to practice the score, you don't wanna miss it!

And that's all for now.






No comments: