Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summertime... and things that are shit.

So I've been thinking lately how excited I was for the summer to start and all and how now, summer is finally here, and you know what?

It totally blows.

So far at least.

I remember back when summer meant three months of total bliss, family vacations, time spent outdoors and by the pool, good friends and good times. Not to mention my June birthday. Now it seems, summer is just another seaseon we rotate through our 3m slide viewer of life. Just another slightly prettier season to look at during my commute to work.

But wait, my car still has no air conditioner.

Which brings me to my next topic, things that are pieces of shit that I am spending hundreds of monthly dollars on. Like my car. I have a very nice, fairly new vehicle. Considering I am a student, it's pretty much as nice as I can get at my age. The only thing that was wrong when I bought it, was a small leak in the air conditioner.

Here is the car:

But the car is not the piece of crap, it's the warranty on it. Because the warranty was going to cover said leak, and now, they will not. This being the same warranty company that agreed to replace my engine for free. Sure, replace my engine with another, non compatible engine from a different car.

Brilliance.

I spend 50% more on my monthly payments to pay these people for their service. And while paying them, I spent roughly a month and a half... INCLUDING finals week at school, WITHOUT transportation. Oh sure, the company provides me with a rental car. Oh WAIT I am not OLD enough to rent a car. So I would expect my car back in a timely manner. Instead it goes something like this:


Me: So, I've been about a month without a car, so are you gonna supply me with alternative transport?

Insurance: Nah, dude, you ain't 25 so you're screwed...

Me: So... can I get my car back?

Insurance: ......well no. We installed an 02 Ford Taurus engine in your '01 Mercury Sable and expected it to work. So we're gonna give you your car back and let it die on you in the middle of an intersection, so that you can bring it BACK and have it worked on for another two weeks.


I didn't pay those bastards another cent. I had the garage do the work that should have been done before they let it die a second time.

And I am reminded how much I hate summer and how my car STILL has no air conditioning.