Thursday, October 29, 2009

This One Is For You.

Now that I've pissed you all off.... just a quick post regarding how I feel at the moment.

I'm having trouble seeing the point of view that I just woke up one day and decided to stroll down the garden path to Hell.

Really not sure how leaving a school could make so many people so angry. And say so many hurtful things about my resolve, intellect, and perseverance.

Struggling with the fact that people make it their own business what I choose to do with my life.

This one is for you. This one is for the nay-sayers. This one is for that person so deeply rooted in their own personal decision that they struggle to accept anyone else's. And let me tell you- so many times in my life I've been told not to do this, don't live there, don't leave home, quit your job, get a job, get a different job, stop wasting your life, write me a song, stop writing music, go to church, go to Minnesota, be who I expect you to be God damn it, because in the end isn't that what it's about?

Here's my chance to say this out loud. FUCK. YOU.

If you think you can run my life better than I can, try spending all that extra energy on yourself. Because guess what: no one is impressed so far.

I'm taking the wind up mechanism off of my back. No one's running me.

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

hey david, i left school, too, so if anyone understands it would be me. lemme know if you want to talk or whatever :)