Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Well Hello There, Blog. Long Time No See.

Yes it’s been awhile. More than awhile. In fact, it’s been so awkwardly long that I know no one even reads this anymore. I guess I’m really just doing this for myself, I like looking back and laughing at all the ridiculous decisions I’ve made.

So it’s been a crazy summer and early fall, and while I won’t get into specifics, let’s just say I’ve experienced a few crazy binges and switches of employment. Life still has me living at home, but I’ve been dumped off in different social circles and employment, and many opportunities lie ahead.

So now, an update.

I lost my last job for some pretty unusual reasons, and my cousin took me in as a Server at a Mexican Grille in Malden for late august and September. The work was mundane and my coworkers were hit or miss: either awesome people with great attitudes or complete downers who sucked the life out of me.
I’ve learned a few things from working at the restaurant. Mostly everything I’ve learned, however, can be categorized under the heading, “Never work in food service again.”

I’m pretty sure that industry is a thing of the past for me.


I’ve more recently found stable employment in Andover at a small Inn… this place is pretty neat. It’s a small time hotel with an upscale feel and high end clientele. Mostly, I deal with people who have some sort of connection to the Phillips Academy, which, if you haven’t heard of it, is one of the oldest private boarding schools in the country.


There’s not much to say here about this job, it’s pretty par for the course as well as hospitality goes, I’m pretty sure at this point in my life any Front Desk position will be second nature to me, more so when the hotel only has a handful of rooms . I have a lot of downtime here, which is all at once awesome and yet a tad boring. I’d have to say it’s a lot easier to work here if I am run down and tired because the job runs at such a relaxed pace. This is handy since my shifts here usually begin at 7am… ugh. Frankly I haven’t really had to be up that early since high school, so that is the only challenge.



And now for the news.


I am working once again on a project with my good friend Camila, who has impeccable music taste and talent. We’ve worked together before, and it seems like we connect really well, both musically and in general.


This time around, we have a full-length album in the works. The album will be produced by a good friend of Camila’s and a new friend of mine, Cip of Split2nd Entertainment. I’m extremely excited about this project, and will probably be updating here about the details as the release gets closer. The album is mostly Keyboard based Progressive Rock with an Indie twist, with some experimental and electronic influences.


I’m really not able to say too much else about the project just yet, so keep your pants on. Not that you would have taken them off anyways.

 
So that’s about it, I’ll be back on here in about a week.


No comments: