Saturday, March 6, 2010

MOM! David's Blogging Again!!!

"Fortune rota volvitur: descendo minoratus; alter in altum tollitur; nimis exaltatus." Which means, in Latin, Fortune's wheel will turn and I descend. Another is lifted high, he is exalted. But the same poem goes on to say: "rex sedet in vertice, caveat ruinam! nam sub axe legimus Hecubam reginam." which also means, the other is lifted too high, let him fear ruin! for beneath the wheel is written Queen Hecubam.
Basically, you're sitting at the top and all of a sudden, someone comes over and knocks you on your ass.

Living with your parents after admitting to the ultimate failure that you couldn't have made it out on your own is probably one of the most demeaning experience that any person in their early 20s can endure.You used to invite a few friends over and have a nice evening with whomever you wanted. People would drop in to say hi. Now, you must prove your intent before leaving the house. "Who are you hanging out with?" "till when?" and "should I keep dinner on the stove?"

You used to come home late at night after work and cook something because you are hungry. Now, the parents want to go to bed at 9pm and if you DARE use the microwave you are disturbing their slumber.

All the while, the never ending job hunt looms ahead. You see, I had placed my prospective move out day to be May 1st. One of my good friends will be needing a roommate, and all seems to be in order. By this time I need to establish better credit, find a job and... well, long story short, reverse everything that living in the point did to my career.

The economy being what it is, so many people are out of work and competing for the same jobs I am applying for. Most of my competition for my skill level though, are older professionals with more experience, who didn't get FIRED from their last job.I was recently turned down by McDonalds. MCDONALDS! someone please tell me where else to turn when even McDonalds doesn't want you?

Ah well. Someone tell Queen Hecuba to spin that wheel again.

No comments: