Monday, January 18, 2010

Life Updates! I'm Not Sober.

So I've pretty much been too lazy to post on this blog for a while but tonight, at 2:34 in the morning sipping on a margarita with snow falling outside, it seemed time for an update. An update that I will attempt to finish before the effects of the aforementioned margarita kicks in.

So last Wednesday, I was fired officially from my job. I really can't post about it here, the details of the termination, but lets just say i view it as a new lease on life. i'm looking at alot of new oppurtunities, all with much better pay then the job I held. Then again, I'm going to have to do some pretty crazy things to get money until then, but still.

The one thing standing in my way is the VERY end of the interview. You know, the part where you have to come out and say yes, I was fired. It's not an easy answer to wrap around employers' heads, and even if you have a fantastic interview, it's kind of like a bombshell at the end. Like a big let down. The whole time they're thinking "wow this kid is great!" and then OOPS he was actually fired. Never. Mind. And you KNOW for a fact that they aren't going to hire you when they say OH. Well. Thanks for um...your...honesty in that...

I also wanted to make a point. People say I'm not motivated anymore. well SHAME on you. I am broke and trying to live on my own without crying back home to mommy and daddy okay???? Okay. I wouldn't be going to job interviews if I wasn't motivated I would SELL MY BODY ON THE STREET CORNER OKAY. Because this is a good neighborhood for that. Except it's snowing, and that means that standing on street corners is not in the program.

Not in the program... my grandfather used to say that. He used to say that everything in life was "programmed" in life. For example, you eat a chicken dinner. You choke on a bone. You go to the emergency room to remove it. You may think "OH I shouldn't have eaten that so fast" but really it's already programmed into who you are. You were MEANT to choke on that chicken bone because you are a fast eater.

What. The. HELL am I talking about. So much for not writing this under the influence. I think I added too much Tequila. Did I mention I used a 1/4 of a bottle?

No comments: